The system aims at controlling electrical loads through a central Pc. Considering a pc can be used to control the lights and fans of an auditorium or college from a single place.
Currently, someone needs to manually switch of the lights on each floor and room. This system allows a single user to operate all those light fans, or other loads from a single PC. The project consists of lamps/loads to demonstrate as electrical appliances. These loads are then connected to an PC through an Rs 232 interface to a microcontroller circuit.
The system once turned on allows users to switch the load on and off, submitting commands from a PC. This allows user to control a load through PC.
The system may be further improved by implementing an effective GUI to control multiple loads from a pc within a glance.
Note: This project only works on Computers having Serial communication port, which is usually present in desktop computers not on laptops
- Hardware Specifications
- AT89S52 (8051 Microcontroller) – Buy AT89S52 Online
- Crystal Oscillator – Buy Crystal Oscillators Online
- Relay – Buy Relays Online
- LCD’s – Buy LCD Online
- Relay Driver IC – Buy IC’s Online
- Level Shifter IC – Buy IC’s Online
- IC Socket – Buy IC Sockets Online
- Resistors – Buy Resistors Online
- Capacitors – Buy Capacitors Online
- Transistors – Buy Transistors Online
- DB9 Connectors – Buy Cables & Connectors Online
- Diodes – Buy Diodes Online
- PCB – Buy PCB & Breadboards Online
- LED’s – Buy LED Online
- Transformer/Adapter – Buy Transformers & Adapters Online
- Push Button – Buy Buttons & Switches Online
- Software Specifications
- Keil µVision IDE
- MC Programming Language: Embedded C