Biomedical engineering is the coming together of medical and engineering sectors for healthcare and medical applications. Biomedical engineering involves applying electronics, mechanical and other engineering principals with biological support to address healthcare issues in a better way. A few examples of biomedical engineering would be blood pressure, temperature and other meters/readers, ventilators, prosthetics and so on.
What Does a Biomedical Engineer Do ?
- Designing & Testing of Biomedical Devices.
- Installation, Repair, Maintenance, Calibration of Biomedical Equipment.
- Biomedical Research & Development.
- Research Writing and Publishing Technical papers on Healthcare and Biomedical.
- Improving/Upgrading existing biomedical equipment and devices.
Below are examples of projects that involve use of biomedical engineering.
This electronics project is a fully functioning ventilator with the ability to provide ventilation to a patient with adjustable pumping settings with Blood oxygen monitor.
Manual mask and temperature is a tiring an not accurate system for large crowds. So here we automate the system using thermal sensors and camera for automatic safety check entry.
A remote IOT based health monitor system that allows for remptely monitoring of multiple covid patients over the internet. The system monitors patient heartbeat, temperature and blood pressure
A useful IOT project to help the elderly/disabled send automatic alert if they fall so help arrives instantly. Using microcontroller based circuitry with interfaced sensors.
When the user rubs soap on his/her hands and inserts it into the system, this automatically triggers a water fogging system that converts water in the tank to fog and drives it in the handwash chamber.
This system has two wireless controllers mounted on gloves, one for each hand of the operator. Here system precisely replicates the finger motion of one hand of the operator onto the motion of the humanoid arm.
More Biomedical Projects
- Android Controlled Robotic Arm
- GSM Patient Health Monitoring
- Heart Attack Detection By Heart Beat Sensing
- Portable Health Checker Device
- DIY Oxygen Concentrator Generator
- Wireless Patient Health Check
- Wearable Health Monitoring System
- IOT Social Distancing & Monitoring Robot
- Silver ION Sanitization Tunnel
- Dry Handwashing Machine By Fog Disinfection
- Semi Automatic Full Back Massager
- Mount Auto Sanitizer Dispenser
- DIY Ventilator using Arduino
- IOT Patient Health Monitoring
- IOT Heart Attack Detection & Heart Rate Monitor
- IOT Alcohol & Health Monitoring
- IOT Based ICU Patient Monitoring
- IOT Paralysis Patient Health Care
- IOT Based Monitoring System for Comatose Patients
- IOT Instant Contactless Covid Testing Booth
- IOT Covid Patient Health Monitor in Quarantine
- IOT Temperature & Mask Scan Entry System