Contact switches are today the most common method used for switching off home appliances, lights, fans. Etc. But are they the most efficient way for load switching ? Well here are some disadvantages for traditional switches:
- Toggle switches are based on physical press hence have a limited lifetime
- One switch can operate only one load hence we need large switchboards
- These switches are not contactless so prone to wear and tear
How about we design a switching system that overcomes all these issues with a more modern yet low cost system. We hereby design a single switch that can operate 4 loads and that too without the user ever needing to touch the switch.
The system is made using a STM32 controller that is used to operate an gesture based switch. It is also integrated with a sound sensor for even faster operation speed and ease of use.
The system is used to operate 4 loads at a time using single switch. The controller constantly monitors the gesture sensor for any human gestures. Hand gestures made within 5 – 10 centimeters proximity of the sensor are sensed by the system. As soon as a gesture is sensed the controller operates the relay board to switch On or OFF the respective load as per gesture. Also the user may just clap anywhere near the switch n order to switch ON or OFF all loads at a clap.
The system operates loads using relay board in following manner
- Left Swipe >> Light 1 Switching
- Right Swipe >> Light 2 Switching
- Up Swipe >> Fan 1 Switching
- Down Swipe >> Fan 2 Switching
- Clap >> All Loads Switching Together
This allows for an ultra-modern yet space saving, futuristic switching system that may one day replace all traditional switches.
- STM 32 Controller
- Gesture Sensor
- Sound Sensor
- Relay Module
- 2 x Light Bubs
- 2 x Mini Fans
- Push Buttons
- PCB Board
- Cables and Connectors