Our proposed project consists of digital temperature sensors for more accurate temperature control in various industries. Our system overcomes the disadvantages of thermostat/analog systems in terms of accuracy. This system can be used in baby incubators where it is very important to maintain precise temperatures.
Incubators are often used for creating temperature controlled suitable environments for prematurely newborn babies. The system displays temperature in a LCD display, as soon as the temperature exceeds our set limit; it automatically switches off the load (heater), to control the temperature. The heater is demonstrated with the help of a lamp.
The system uses a digital temperature sensor in order to detect temperature and pass on the data to the microcontroller. The 8051 microcontroller processes data and sends the temperature to be displayed on LCD screen. The display consists of 7 segment display unit to display up to 3 numbers.
It consists of 4 push buttons for setting the high and low temperatures. Pressing set button allows user to increment and decrement high and low temperatures. After that the system detects temperature and switches the load when it goes beyond set limits.
- Hardware Specifications
- AT89S52 (8051 Microcontroller) – Buy AT89S52 Online
- 7 Segment Display – Buy 7 Segment DIsplay Online
- LM35 Temperature Sensor – Buy LM35 Sensor Online
- Relay – Buy Relays Online
- Relay Driver IC – Buy IC’s Online
- Vtg Regulator IC – Buy IC’s Online
- IC Socket – Buy IC Sockets Online
- Resistors – Buy Resistors Online
- Capacitors – Buy Capacitors Online
- Transistors – Buy Transistors Online
- Cables & Connectors – Buy Cables & Connectors Online
- Diodes – Buy Diodes Online
- PCB – Buy PCB & Breadboards Online
- LED’s – Buy LED Online
- Transformer/Adapter – Buy Transformers & Adapters Online
- Push Button – Buy Buttons & Switches Online
- Software Specifications
- Keil µVision IDE
- MC Programming Language: C