The project is designed to automatically supply continuous power to a load through one of the four sources of supply that are: solar, mains, generator, and inverter when any one of them is unavailable.
Four switches are used for four respective sources. These are connected to a microcontroller of 8051 family that provides input signals to it. Whenever a switch is pressed it shows the absence of that particular source. A relay driver is used that receives microcontroller generated output and switches that particular relay to provide continuous power supply. A lamp is used as a load for demonstration purpose which draws power from main. When main fails to supply power, automatically next available source is used say inverter. If inverter fails then the next one is used and so on. An LCD is also used to display which source is being currently used for power supply.
Therefore, this project provides an effective solution to provide an alternative power supply during frequent power cuts.
- Hardware Specifications
- AT89S52 (8051 Microcontroller) – Buy AT89S52 Online
- Relay – Buy Relays Online
- Crystal Oscillator – Buy Crystal Oscillators Online
- Vtg Regulator IC – Buy IC’s Online
- Relay Driver IC – Buy IC’s Online
- Resistors – Buy Resistors Online
- Capacitors – Buy Capacitors Online
- Transistors – Buy Transistors Online
- Cables & Connectors – Buy Cables & Connectors Online
- Diodes – Buy Diodes Online
- PCB – Buy PCB & Breadboards Online
- LED’s – Buy LED Online
- Transformer/Adapter – Buy Transformers & Adapters Online
- Push Button – Buy Buttons & Switches Online
- Software Specifications
- Keil µVision IDE
- MC Programming Language: Embedded C