The project is designed to monitor the counting operations in industries. For example, products moving on a conveyor belt are counted by IR interruption concept and displayed on a seven segment display.
There are two pair sensors, each kept at certain distance from the other. One pair of sensor consists of a transmitter and a receiver, kept exactly opposite to each other. The transmitting part emits modulated IR light which is received at the receiver end and fed to a microcontroller of 8051 family. When an object passes through the sensors then microcontroller gets interrupt signal (from IR sensors) and increments the count to displays it on 7 segments displays. Count down is also achieved if the object moves in reverse direction. This project can also be used in any public transport/trains to count the number of passengers for monitoring purpose.
Further the project can be enhanced by interfacing it with a warning system so that if total number of occupants in the vehicle exceeds the passenger carrying capacity then an alarm is generated by the device.
- Hardware Specifications
- AT89S52 (8051 Microcontroller) – Buy AT89S52 Online
- Crystal Oscillator – Buy Crystal Oscillators Online
- IC Socket – Buy IC Sockets Online
- I R Transmitter Receiver – Buy IR Sensors Online
- 7 Segment Display – Buy 7 Segment Display Online
- Resistors – Buy Resistors Online
- Capacitors – Buy Capacitors Online
- Transistors – Buy Transistors Online
- Cables & Connectors – Buy Cables & Connectors Online
- Diodes – Buy Diodes Online
- PCB – Buy PCB & Breadboards Online
- LED’s – Buy LED Online
- Transformer/Adapter – Buy Transformers & Adapters Online
- Push Button – Buy Buttons & Switches Online
- Software Specifications
- Keil µVision IDE
- MC Programming Language: Embedded C