Download Project Document/Synopsis
A college library management is a project that manages and stores books information electronically according to students needs. The system helps both students and library manager to keep a constant track of all the books available in the library. It allows both the admin and the student to search for the desired book. It becomes necessary for colleges to keep a continuous check on the books issued and returned and even calculate fine. This task if carried out manually will be tedious and includes chances of mistakes. These errors are avoided by allowing the system to keep track of information such as issue date, last date to return the book and even fine information and thus there is no need to keep manual track of this information which thereby avoids chances of mistakes.
Thus this system reduces manual work to a great extent allows smooth flow of library activities by removing chances of errors in the details.
- Admin login: Admin is the one who administers the system by adding or removing e-books into and from the system respectively.
- User login: Students have to register themselves into the system to create an account. After registering successfully, they can then login into the system by entering 10 digit mobile number and their email id.
- Add and Update Books: The admin can add books to the system by entering the details of the books and can even update the details.
- Search option: Admin and Students can even search for books by entering the name of the book.
- View Order-The admin can view order for the books.
- Place order- The students can place order for the books and simultaneously the quantity of the book ordered will be decremented.
- Calculate Fine- The student can view the issue and expiry date for the book issued and can even calculate fine.
- The system excludes the use of paper work by managing all the book information electronically.
- Admin can keep updating the system by providing the new books arrival in system and their availability thus students need not to go to library for issuing purpose.
- The system has books well organized and systematically arranged in different categories in the system so that user can easily search and find the book.
- Thus, it saves human efforts and resources.
- There is no human interaction if users have some enquiry.