We usually come across movie rating websites where users are allowed to rate ad comment on movies online. These ratings are provided as input to the website rating system. The admin then checks reviews, critic’s ratings and displays an online rating for every movie. Here we propose an online system that automatically allows users to post reviews and stores them to rate movies based on user sentiments. The system now analyzes this data to check for user sentiments associated with each comment. Our system consists of a sentiment library designed for English as well as hindi sentiment analysis. The system breaks user comments to check for sentimental keywords and predicts user sentiment associated with it. Once the keywords are found it associates the comment with a sentiment rank. The system now gathers all comments for a particular movie and then calculates an average ranting to score it. This score is generated for every movie in the system. The system also sorts and displays top rating movies as per analysis and calculates a top ten list automatically. This provides an automated movie rating system based on sentiment analysis.
- Allows for automated movie rating system.
- False rating cannot be entered since system calculates based on user comments.
- It removes human errors that commonly occur during manual analysis.
- The system provides an unbiased result.
- Thus the system excludes human efforts and saves time and resources.
- The system must be given proper inputs otherwise system can produce wrong results.
- The system needs to be hosted on cloud to receive and process country wide results.