In various universities including IGNOU, dispatches material required for various courses after the affirmation are sent to students. The student data is provided including name, address as well as the course material to be dispatched to the student. Each course comprises of a set number of booklets, which are by and large pressed together before dispatch. Booklet Stock is maintained independently, as they are printed independently. On getting a new request for dispatch, first it is checked if all the course material to be dispatched to the student is available in stock. Each one of those courses, for which all the booklets of course are in stock, the material is dispatched instantly. Rest of the information is moved to pending stack of course pending database. As soon as new stock is printed and delivered, the inventory stock is updated, the dispatch is made first to the pending cases. Use suitable information structure/database to make this framework.
- The system is very effective and convenient to use.
- It reduces the use of manpower to a great extent.
- It produces an overall statistics of the inventories so that it can be further used in future for analysis purpose.
- The system is secured and gives only authorized access.
- It saves cost and time.
- As it reduces human efforts, it reduces employment.