In today’s age of fast food and take-out, many canteen have chosen to focus on quick preparation and speedy delivery of orders rather than offering a rich dining experience. Until very recently, all of these delivery orders were placed to the waiters or over the phone, but there are many disadvantages to this system, including the inconvenience of the customer needing to have a physical copy of the menu, lack of a visual confirmation that the order was placed correctly, and the necessity for the canteen to have an employee answering the phone and taking orders. What,we propose is a Canteen Automation System, which is a technique of ordering foods online applicable in any food delivery industry. The main advantage of this system is that it greatly simplifies the ordering process for both the customer and the canteen. When the customer visits the ordering webpage, they are presented with an interactive and up-to-date menu,complete with all available options and dynamically adjusting prices based on the selected options. After making a selection, the item is then added to their order, which the customer canreview the details of at any time before checking out. This provides instant visual confirmation of what was selected and ensures that items in the order are, in fact, what was intended.
This system also greatly lightens the load on the canteen’s end, as the entire process of taking orders is automated. Once an order is placed on the webpage, it is entered into thedatabase and then retrieved, in pretty much real-time, by a desktop application on the canteen’send. Within this application, all items in the order are displayed, along with their correspondingoptions and delivery details, in a concise and easy to read manner. This allows canteenemployees to quickly go through the orders as they are placed and produce the necessary itemswith minimal delay and confusion
- Completely automated online ordering of food in a canteen.
- Various reports to view total sales, details of registered members with facility to print report.
- Detailed summary of orders placed with option to search orders, update order status, print orders, etc.
- User can also order a Special Combo Box which contains multiple food items.
- Developed using the latest website programming protocols for minimum server loads and ultra-fast loading and processing.
- Requires an active internet connection.
- Requires Android phone if user is ordering.