Download Project Document/Synopsis
Number plate recognition is a form of automatic vehicle identification. A number plate is the unique identification of vehicle. Real time number plate recognition plays an important role in maintaining law enforcement and maintaining traffic rules. It has wide applications areas such as toll plaza, parking area, highly security areas, boarder’s areas etc. Number plate recognition is designed to identify the number plate and then recognize the vehicle number plate from a moving vehicle automatically. Automatic number plate recognition has two major parts:
- Vehicle number plate extraction,
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
Number plate extraction is that stage where vehicle number plate is detected and extract the number plate text. The segmented characters are normalized and passed to an OCR algorithm. At last the optical character information will be converted into encoded text. The characters are recognized using Template matching. The final output must be in the form of string of characters.
- This application provides user and car details by simply scanning the Vehicle Number plate
- If any driver isn’t following traffic rules, then police can mark as a Black list car
- Requires active internet connection
- System may provide inaccurate results if data not entered properly