Download Project Document/Synopsis
The project is a system that takes down students’ attendance using barcode. Every student is provided with a card containing a unique barcode. Each barcode represents a unique id of students. Students just have to scan their cards using barcode scanner and the system notes down their attendance as per dates. System then stores all the students’ attendance records and generates defaulter list. It also generates an overall report in excel sheet for admin. Such kind of application is very useful in school as well as in college for daily attendance.
- Students will be more regular in attending their classes since now no attendance sheet signature is required, so no friend or any other student can make an attendance on behalf of others as barcodes are unique for every student.
- Teachers do not need to waste their time approximately 15min of 1hour for taking attendance of students.
- No need to maintain attendance sheet as the attendance are electronically stored in database.
- The system helps the faculty to easily find out defaulters.
- User may easily get attendance history of a particular student.
- It saves time, cost, efforts and institute resources.
- The only disadvantage is that every class requires a barcode reader to access the system.
Note: The barcode scanner is not provided with this project. It is available locally in electronics shops. Please contact nevonprojects support team on details of barcode scanner.