A census is the procedure of systematically acquiring and recording information about the members of a given population. It is a regularly occurring and official count of a particular population. The term is used mostly in connection with national population and housing censuses; other common censuses include agriculture, business, and traffic censuses. The United Nations defines the essential features of population and housing censuses as “individual enumeration, universality within a defined territory, simultaneity and defined periodicity”, and recommends that population censuses be taken at least every 10 years. United Nations recommendations also cover census topics to be collected, official definitions, classifications and other useful information to co-ordinate international practice.
- Main advantage of this system is that officers don’t need to visit house by house and collect data.
- If there is any error or typo in data officer can ask for correction of it.
- Census need not be carried out every 10 years, user can update details where ever it changes.
- The only disadvantage that the users who don’t have internet connection can’t access the system.
- But there can be a future enhancement where we can setup and registration camp where user with lack of access of the systems can provide details to the system via any assigned officers.