Today almost all digital services like internet communication, medical and military imaging systems, multimedia system requires reliable security in storage and transmission of digital images. Due to faster growth in multimedia technology, internet and cell phones, there is a need for security in digital images. Therefore there is a need for image encryption techniques in order to hide images from such attacks. In this system we use AES (Advanced Encryption Technique) in order to hide image. Such Encryption technique helps to avoid intrusion attacks.
- The image can only be viewed by the receiver as the image is encrypted using AES and the key is only known to the sender and receiver.
- Since the image is encrypted using AES, it is more secure than the DES and triple DES.
- Since the key size is 192 bits, it makes the encryption and decryption more secure.
- The file size to be transmitted becomes large since it contains encrypted data.
- Since the file size is huge it can be suspected to contain some critical information.