This project is developed to make the life of blind people easy. This is a camera-based system to scan the barcode behind the image and read the description of the product with the help of Id stored in the barcode. This is very beneficial in case of finding out the description of packaged goods to the blind people and thus helping them in deciding to purchase a product or not especially, which are packaged. This is because it becomes very difficult for the blind people to distinguish between the packaged goods. In order to use this system, all the user needs to do is capture the image on the product in the mobile phone which then resolves the barcode which means it scans the image to find out the Id stored. Thus, this application really benefits blind and visually impaired people and thus making their work of identifying products easy. This is very easy to use and affordable, as it requires a scanner to scan the barcode and a camera phone to take the picture of the image containing the barcode. This is now easy to implement as most of the mobile phones today have the required resolution in order to scan the barcode to identify the Id stored in it and read out the product description. This project can be implemented in any shopping mall, supermarket, Bookstores, Medical stores etc.
- Very much helpful for visually challenged blind people to know more about product details.
- The application is developed in android, which a portable device and can take and use it anywhere.
- Text to speech with the help of voice assistant to guide at each step.
- Application only compartible with android devices.
- Active internet connection is required.
- Application may provide inaccurate results if data entered incorrectly.