The project is designed to control a robotic vehicle using a standard TV remote. IR sensor is interfaced to the control unit on the robot for sensing the IR signals transmitted by the remote. This data is conveyed to the control unit which moves the robot as desired. An 8051 series microcontroller is used in this project as control device.
Transmitting end uses a TV remote through which IR commands are transmitted. At the receiver end, these commands are used for controlling the robot in all directions such as forward, backward and left or right etc. At the receiving end the movement is achieved by two motors that are interfaced to the microcontroller. RC5 based coded data sent from the TV remote is received by an IR receiver interfaced to the microcontroller. The program on the microcontroller refers to the RC5 code to generate respective output based on the input data to operate the motors through a motor driver IC. The motors are interfaced to the control unit through motor driver IC.
Further the project can be enhanced by DTMF technology. With this technology we can control the robotic vehicle by a cell phone. This technology has an advantage over long communication range as compared to line of sight communication in IR technology.
- Hardware Specifications
- AT89S52 (8051 Microcontroller) – Buy AT89S52 Online
- TV Remote
- TSOP1738 IR Receiver – Buy TSOP1738 Online
- Robotic Body – Buy Robot Body Online
- DC Motor – Buy DC Motors Online
- Motor Driver IC – Buy IC’s Online
- Crystal Oscillator – Buy Crystal Oscillators Online
- Resistors – Buy Resistors Online
- Capacitors – Buy Capacitors Online
- Transistors – Buy Transistors Online
- Cables & Connectors – Buy Cables & Connectors Online
- Diodes – Buy Diodes Online
- PCB – Buy PCB & Breadboards Online
- LED’s – Buy LED Online
- Robotic Chassis – Buy Robot Chassis Online
- Software Specifications
- Keil µVision IDE
- MC Programming Language: C