Our system puts forward an automatic and precise door opening system based on human movement sensing near the door. Well opening a door in places like hotels, Shopping complexes, and offices can be a tedious task and sometimes requires hiring a person just for the sake of opening door whenever a person arrives.
Well this project proposes a system that allows for automatic door opening solution by sensing human presence near it. Our system achieves this functionality with the help of PIR sensors. PIR stands for passive infrared sensors. Every live body emits some infrared energy. This energy is sensed by a PIR sensor from a good distance. This signal is then processed and door is opened and closed based on this data.
When a living being arrives within the sensor range, it detects its presence and sends out a command that opens the door. The door then automatically closes after a specific time delay if there is no further motion near the door.
The system can be later enhanced by integrating counter mechanism so as to keep track of the number of persons inside the facility.
- Hardware Specifications
- AT89S52 (8051 Microcontroller) – Buy AT89S52 Online
- PIR Sensor Module – Buy PIR Sensor Online
- Motor Driver IC – Buy IC’s Online
- Vtg Regulator IC – Buy IC’s Online
- IC Socket – Buy IC Sockets Online
- Crystal Oscillator – Buy Crystal Oscillators Online
- Resistors – Buy Resistors Online
- Capacitors – Buy Capacitors Online
- Transistors – Buy Transistors Online
- Cables & Connectors – Buy Cables & Connectors Online
- Diodes – Buy Diodes Online
- PCB – Buy PCB & Breadboards Online
- LED’s – Buy LED Online
- Transformer/Adapter – Buy Transformers & Adapters Online
- Push Button – Buy Buttons & Switches Online
- Switch – Buy Switches & Buttons Online
- Mini Door
- Software Specifications
- Keil µVision IDE
- MC Programming Language: C